In recent years, Middle East and North Africa (MENA) has emerged as a region of strategic importance, economic potential and constant growth. The UAE for instance has consistent been growing around 5% even in the midst of emerging oil price declines. The award of the Expo-2020 has brought enormous expectation in economics and multiplier impacts.
Sadly however, the universities and teaching colleges in the MENA region suffer from the shortage of region relevant teaching and learning cases and simulations, collaborative learning and engagement among faculty and learners, authentic applied research, industry-academic cooperation and individual case research and writing initiatives and insights.
MENA schools, colleges and universities run predominantly on western cases and experiences.
The IHC Dubai Case & Simulation Research Centre wants to fill the gap as above and envisions itself as the ‘New Game Changer in applied teaching and learning in higher education in the Middle East and North Africa.’
Towards accomplishing the vision, IHC Dubai Case and Simulation Research Centre ‘will strives for early recognition as the most respected Repository and Referral Center for business Simulation & Case research, teaching, Simulation & Case writing and testing etc in the Middle East and North Africa with a spotlight on the UAE’.
1. Implement the vision and mission to collect, hosting, promote, publish, diffuse and make available simulation & cases relevant for the region of the Middle East & North Africa (MENA, short case and game summaries, teaching notes and any other things that fosters learning through live experiences and engagement through cases, simulations etc.
2. Host and conduct short term training for trainers, executives, faculty and student workshops, seminars, symposium for case and simulation researchers
3. Invite distinguished fellows and researchers from other universities, colleges, business houses; NGOS, government and society around the world to conduct and publish case and simulation research at the centre;
4. Reinforce the research positioning of IHC Dubai as the Global College of Dubai and compete for the corporate and government grants, funding, etc.
5. Work with the associate brands and media to support Dubai as the world city of applied and engaged knowledge.
6. All others that help accomplish our vision and mission.
Mohan Lal Agarwal, Ph.D.
Professor of Business & Director of Executive Education and Middle East Case Research Center
Dr. Mohan Agarwal is a Professor of Business, Director of Executive Programs, and Head of the Middle East Case Research Center at International Horizons College, Dubai. He is a US Fulbright Fellow to Boston, European Foundation for Management Development Fellow to Paris and British Council Fellow twice to Glasgow and Leicester UK. He is also Fellow of the Chartered Institute of Marketing, (FCIM) London.
During his career, Dr. Mohan was a Professor & Chair of department of Marketing, E-com, Logistics and Supply Chain Management at the American University in the Emirates, Dubai, IMT Dubai and Adjunct Faculty at the SP Jain Business School, Dubai and Singapore. He has been a visiting faculty member at the University of Queensland, Bond University in Australia; California Polytechnic State University, Bentley College Boston and University of Delaware USA. His other teaching assignment include University of Manitoba, Canada, American University in Mexico, Essec Business School Paris and University of Southern Denmark to name a few. In India, Dr. Mohan has been Escotel Chair Professor of Marketing at IIM Lucknow, Professor at XLRI Jamshedpur and Founder Director of Jaypee Business School, India.
Dr.Mohan is an award winning teacher and case researcher in logistics, e-commerce, services marketing and customer relationship management. He has published about eighty articles, research papers and cases in international journals, conferences and forums.
Dr.Mohan is an active corporate trainer with such clients as Bosch India China & Japan, Emirates NBD Bank, Landmark UAE; Hatton National Bank in Sri Lanka, Tata group, Birla group, Reliance group and eighty other client organizations in India, USA, China, Canada, Singapore, India and UAE. The World Education Forum recognized him as the Best Professor of Marketing in Asia.
- Harvard Case Center
- Stanford Case Center
- Case Center (UK)