Student Services is a diverse organization of professionals who are dedicated to the social, psychological, ethical and cognitive development and wellbeing of all IHC students and to the direct support of faculty in pursuit of the university’s educational and research mission.
The mission of the student services department is to provide access and affordability to the students by affording them opportunities for equity and excellence. IHC’s student services department will focus on the improvement and sustainability of cutting-edge services making them more applicable for every student. We foster learning and leadership development, transforming IHC students into engaged local, national and global citizens.
The college offers comprehensive counseling services to assist students in meeting academic, personal, transfer and career goals. The program further seeks to contribute to the development and maintenance of a college environment.
All students pursuing degree programs, either Associate or Baccalaureate, should see a counselor each semester to review their educational plan. Additional services provided by the counseling staff include:
- Interpretation of aptitude and career assessments
- Information and guidance for transfer to other colleges and universities
- Information regarding completion of associate degrees
- Personal counseling and crisis intervention
- New Student Counseling Sessions
- Assistance with development of a student educational plan
- Counseling for students who are on academic and/or progress probation