JANUARY 20-21, 2016
Orientation for students new to International Horizons College begins on January 20, 2016 and attendance is mandatory prior to enrolling in classes for the Spring semester, which begins Sunday, January 24th. This program runs from 9 a.m. through 3 p.m. and the following activities are included in the New Student Orientation:
• College President’s/Dean’s Welcome and overview of International Horizons College
• Get acquainted activities to meet with staff, faculty and fellow students.
• Tuition and fees payment
• Tour campus facilities and understand health and safety regulations.
• Learn and practice the IHC active teaching methods and strategies.
• Receive instructions on academic policies and procedures including class attendance, homework assignments, grading practices, getting tutoring and outside of class instructor assistance, how to use course syllabi and related topics.
• Become familiar with the learning technologies and systems used in IHC classrooms.
• Learn (or review) how to effectively study online course materials.
• Identify your own individual learning styles and learn study habits in order to keep pace and be successful in college-level courses.
• Take the Math and English course placement assessments
• Meet with Registrar/Academic Counselor to prepare education plan
• Class Registration
• Arrange for purchase of textbooks.
• Meet with the Academic Counselor to review your Student Handbook’s most important codes and procedures.
• Meet with the Student Life Coordinator to learn about student clubs and activities and if living in College Housing receive orientation to accommodations.
• Receive instructions on the use of College Library services.
• Enjoy social and recreational activities on campus and around the City of Dubai.
• Desert Safari